Do you wish to keep your readers updated with innovative things on your website? Then try push notifications as your medium of communication.
You must be thinking now,
What are push notifications?
Let me tell you that push notifications are the clickable pop-up messages or alert-based messages displayed on your mobile /desktop screen. These plugins support various browsers like Chrome, Safari, and Mozilla, and your mobile devices.
Push notifications have become more popular daily, and you can see many websites using them regularly. In addition, it includes the detailed metrics of your visitors to your WordPress dashboard.
Push notifications will provide the key to success to attract a maximum number of visitors to your website. To achieve this, you need to ensure the content delivered should stay at the forefront of the reader’s mind.
It is straightforward to add a push notification plugin in WordPress. There are several WordPress plugins available, and they follow a similar approach in setting up. In addition, many of the plugins allow you to choose the type of content you want to promote through a push notification.
First, you need to install and configure a push notifications plugin for WordPress. The first-time visitors will receive a message to opt into the notifications. After the users accept the request, they will receive push notifications from your website or blog. The users can opt-out push notifications anytime they want.
The following list brings you the top WordPress push notification plugins of 2021. You can use the push notification plugins for your WordPress websites. Check it out!
This is one of the most popular plugins in the market for push notifications. It has got more than 10,000 active installers. The plugin supports Chrome on both desktop and Android devices.
It allows you to automatically send push notifications when you publish a new blog post. You can also set up a reminder for the readers who are not active on the website for a few days.
Other features include A/B testing, targeted notifications, real-time analytics, and many more. It allows you to target visitors based on their pre-defined attributes such as language, frequency of visits, etc.
- Time delayed sends – instead of sending push notifications right away, you can shedule it
- Segmentation – assign users to groups based on their geo or gender
- Advanced analytics – they have got a detailed analytics section
- 2 FA – enable two factor authentication for additional security
- Integrations – you can integrate OneSignal with multiple third-party services
- Unlimited push notifications
- Automated workflows
- API send access
- A/B testing
- Data protection
Nothing so far
This push notification plugin has a built-in hub that allows WordPress websites to directly send push notifications. This is very convenient for beginners and personal blogs. In addition, this plugin enables sending real-time alert messages to visitors.
- Complete free delivery – you don’t need to pay anything for the delivery
- Instant notification – Subscribers will get notification almost instantly with sounds
- API – developers can use API integration for more customization
- WPML integration – multilungual integration is a plus point
- OAuth – security layer for better safety
- Send push notifications to Android
- Send push notifications to iOS
- Do not need any third-party service
- Send push notifications from WordPress backend
- Easy to use
- No browser pushes
You will have multi-site and multi-user login with access control that manages multiple websites. It also allows you to add different people from a single account.
You can get higher click-through rates than email by sending through the browser push notifications. In addition, by using the Geo-segmentation, you can personalize your messages based on geography. It is active in more than 115 countries and supports many as well.
There are specific self-hosted push notification tools available in the market which you can use with multitudes of features.
- Multi browser support – the plugin will support multiple browsers and platforms
- HTTP and HTTPS ready – can handle HTTP and HTTPS protocols
- Opt In customization – customizing the opt in is possible
- AB testing – AB testing can give you better results
- Auto push – sending automatic push notifications are possible
- Drip campaigns
- Triggered campaigns
- Notification scheduling
- Custom notifications
Nothing so far
When looking for a push notification plugin from a reputed company, you will need to check out Subscribers. Subscribers plugin is created by Neil Patel and his team, the same team behind UberSuggest.
Subscribers’ main features are SSL support, RSS feed to push, push to safari, timezone optimization, and notification schedule. The RSS to push feature is a good option for busy business owners. Once you have enabled this feature, the plugin will fetch content from your RSS feed, promote the content through push notifications.
And with the timezone optimization feature, you can optimize your push notification for the best open rates. This will probably help us with maximum conversions.
It is a freemium WordPress push notification plugin. With the free plan, you can save up to 200 subscribers. Once you have upgraded your plan, you can remove these restrictions.
- Multi browser compatible – the plugin will send push notifications to all available browsers
- No coding required – you do not need to know coding for integration
- Won’t slow the server – the website’s performance won’t be affected
- Real-time reporting – real-time reporting to see how the push notification plugins are performing
- Tracking – advanced tracking features
- eCommerce integration
- Cart abandonment trigger
- Daily analytics
- Segmentation tools
- Additional users
- Scheduling notifications
Nothing so far
When looking for a push notification service with an excellent support team, take a look at PushAssist. It is also a freemium WordPress push notification plugin with advanced features.
The segmentation offered by PushAssist is a good feature. With it, we can categorize our push notification subscribers. It will help us to keep targeted audiences under custom sections. Plus, the A/B testing feature can help you push notification optimization, run some tests, and experiment.
Geo-targeting is another cool feature that will allow us to target custom areas. For example, when promoting a country-based product or service, the geo-targeting feature is pretty useful.
- Instant notifications – the subscribers will get instant notification after admin sending it
- Powerful APIs – useful for developers and highly secured
- Segments – assign your push notification subscribers to multiple groups
- HTTP/HTTPS compatibility – can use he plugin on both protocols
- Custom logo – you can add your own custom logo into the notifications
- Automatic push notification sending
- Detailed stats
- Multi device compatible
- Can handle heavy load
- Simple verification
- Not so popular (less installations)
The below-mentioned services don’t provide a plugin for WordPress websites. However, you can integrate the provided code with your website to enjoy the benefits. Let’s talk about a few of those tools.
Pushmaze is a leading self-hosted push notification tool for several blogs and websites. It sends push notifications to visitors and engages with them. In addition, it sends messages to users even if they are offline.
You could note that Pushmaze is using a noticeable amount of power with Google cloud messaging. Thus, It provides a reliable way to trigger push notifications when the user is not on the website or browser.
Pushmaze doesn’t demand recurring charges for sending notifications. Instead, one-time cost incurs for purchasing. In addition, many WordPress websites can use the Pushmaze plugin to get automatic notifications while publishing a new post.
Multiple sites can be managed by a single Pushmaze account. In addition, you can personalize the messages by using your custom segments. With real-time analytics, the notifications will be delivered in real-time to customers.
Gotify is also a self-hosted push notification server for sending and receiving messages in real-time. It sends messages via Rest-API and receives messages via WebSocket. In addition, it manages the users, client, and application.
You have noticed that many plugin services are paid after you pass the threshold at their service. If you are looking for a free solution, go for the free service providers.
However, if you want to customize your notifications, target the audience according to your requirement, then go for the self-hosted push notification services. You have the authority to make any change for customizations, add additional features, etc. This will be the best bet for you if you are looking for customizations.
You can pick the best one which fits your needs and requirements.
Some of the frequently asked questions about push notification plugins are:
Some of those are completely free. Or freemium. However, you can still find premium plugins with more advanced features.
No. Using your unique API key, you can get subscribers, store it on your push notification plugin partner, send over the custom messages.
Absolutely. You have complete control over your push notification subscribers and messaging.
Both are good ways to capture more leads. Therefore, we recommend integrating both tactics for more conversion. Thankfully, there won’t be any compatibility issues or something similar.
Note: This article on best WordPress push notification plugins was contributed by Ann Marry. If you have an exciting article to contribute to, then check our guest posting guidelines.
Related Articles You Might Like: