If you are a newbie blogger, you would probably be checking out the stats of your website in your WordPress dashboard or any other Blogging platform.
But, have you ever thought about how accurate your WordPress dashboard results?Â
WordPress dashboard shows stats far better than Blogger stats. But, in this busy online marketing era, accuracy is so important. Hence, we need to install Google Analytics – the Best site Analytics Tool.
Google analytics is a free site analytics tool from Google. It allows you to track and analyze your websiteâs performance. With Google Analytics, you can analyze so many things on your website like:
- Where is your audience from?
- Where did your audience land up?
- Which page on your website gets a lot of traffic?
- Which page, you readers donât like and often click the back button?
And so many.
For measuring all these performances of your audience on your website, first, you need to integrate Google Analytics on your website.
Let me tell you in this Google Analytics tutorial, how to integrate Google Analytics on a website.
There are a few methods of integrating Google Analytics into your website. I will be explaining the simplest method.
Once, you logged in to your Google Analytics account, you need to click the Admin tab in the Google Analytics dashboard.
Click â Create New Accountâ. In the following screenshot, I already have one.
Enter the details of your website in the form. Once, you finished entering those details, you need to click â Get Tracking IDâ
You will now be provided with a piece of code. You need to add this Google analytics tracking code to the header of your website.
We will look into different methods of installing Google Analytics on WordPress one after the other.
If your theme has an option to add code to the header, you can make use of that feature and add that code to your header.
If your theme doesnât support, you can make use of this plugin – Simple Custom CSS and JS plugin.
Once you installed this plugin, in your WordPress dashboard sidebar, choose Custom CSS & JS -> Add Custom Js
Give a title to that page like Google Analytics Code for future reference, paste this code and click â Publishâ
Make sure that this code loads up in the header and not in the footer.
MonsterInsights Plugin is a dedicated plugin to integrate your Google Analytics account with your WordPress site. Apart from integrating, there are many other benefits of using MonsterInsights Plugin. You can find out the other features of this plugin in our MonsterInsights Review.
For this step, you need to install and activate MonsterInsights Lite Plugin from the WordPress repository.
And then from your WordPress sidebar, choose MonsterInsights -> SettingsÂ and then head over to the General Settings. Here you will find the section named Google Authentication.
Here you have two options. You can use Connect MonsterInsights to connect this plugin with Google Analytics or you could copy and paste the UA code just like in the previous method.
- MonsterInsights is the Best Google Analytics Plugin for WordPress
- Over 2 million Professionals use MonsterInsights to grow their Business
- Up to 50% off on MonsterInsights Subscriptions - Limited Time Deal (Only for Today!)
Just proceed with whatever method you find comfortable!
Here are quick tutorials on how to add code to your header:
- How to add Google Analytics Tracking code in Blogger?
- How to add Google Analytics Tracking Code in Wix?
- How to add Google Analytics Tracking Code in Joomla?
If you are on any other blogging platforms, you can do a quick Google search.
Now, you have installed Google Analytics on your website. Google Analytics will start tracking all traffic to your website.
Now, you will now have to start playing with your analytics. You need to learn how to use Google Analytics. The following tutorials will be helpful in going in-depth:
- 4 Google Analytics Goal types that are critical to your Business
- The 8 Google Analytics features every site must have enabled
I hope, you would have liked this tutorial and installed Google Analytics on your website. Comment below, if you need more help to install Google Analytics on your website.
Related articles you might like:
- Do you know the keywords people use to find your website?
- How to track Affiliate Link Clicks in Google Analytics?
- How to set up Author Tracking with MonsterInsights? (The Easy Way)
- How to set up File Downloads Tracking on your WordPress website?
- MonsterInsights Review: Why this is the Best Google Analytics Plugin for WordPress?
Did you find the article useful?
Then pin me to your Pinterest Board, so that more people will find me
(Remember: The more you give to the Universe, the more you will get from the Universe)So, Pin me