We will be able to create a business directory listing website using any WordPress directory plugin. And as you know, we can find several free, premium, and freemium WordPress directory plugins in the market.
In this article, we are going to show you how you can create a Business Directory Listing website using the popular Business Directory WordPress plugin!
- Business Directory Plugin is the #1 Plugin to create directories in WordPress
- All in one plugin to Create any type of Directories with Payment features
- Flat 50% off on Premium Subscriptions - Limited Time Offer (Only for Today!)
Related Read: How To Generate Site Speed Reports Using MonsterInsights
Business Directory Plugin Business Directory Plugin
If you are using WordPress as your blogging CMS, you probably heard of Formidable Forms. It is one of the best WordPress form builder plugins in the market that will allow us to create forms without complex coding. We have covered several Formidable Forms tutorials on BlogHeist and the Directory Plugin is created by the same team – Strategy11.
The name of this directory plugin is Business Directory.
The most popular features of Business Directory are:
- Payment Gateway Integration.
- rating and Review System.
- Editable Templates.
- Drag and Drop Builder.
- Visual Form Styling.
- Display Submissions On Frontend.
It will be a good fit for you if you are looking for the most powerful WordPress directory plugin in the market. With the Business Directory Plugin, you will able to easily create,
- A Local Directory with Business Providers
- Real-Estate Listing Site
- Yellow-pages Directory
- Clone Reviews from Yelp
- A Book Review site like GoodReads and many more.
How to Install and Activate Business Directory Plugin? How to Install and Activate Business Directory Plugin?
First, you will need to get the Business Directory plugin. To install the Lite version of Business Directory Plugin, navigate to Plugins-> Add New in your WordPress Dashboard.
Search for Business Directory Plugin, Install, and Activate the same.
You will see three pricing plans there.
- Basic – $99.50 / year – 1 Site
- Pro – $199.50/ year – 5 Sites
- Elite – $299.50/ year – Unlimited Sites
The Basic plan is good enough for all features and integrations. You will be able to use the plugin on a single site with this plan. On the other hand, if you need to install the plugin on many sites, then you will have to go on with the Pro or Elite plan.
If you are handling a web designing agency, you might want to purchase the Elite plan. There, you will be able to use it on unlimited client websites.
After purchasing the plugin, you can download and install it manually.
Recommended Read: How To Schedule and Auto-Apply WooCommerce Coupon Codes?
How to create a Directory Listing without Coding? How to create a Directory Listing without Coding?
Once you have activated the plugin, go to Directory->Add New Listing in your WordPress Dashboard.
Add a title for your Listing, describe it, and tag it with appropriate Directory Categories and Tags. Once you are done, publish it.
Note: You can also charge a fee for listings. Make note of this as an opportunity to generate revenue out of your blog.
To display this directory on your website, create a page, and add
[businessdirectory] shortcode to get your directory displayed.
This is just a simple tutorial of using the Business Directory plugin to create a directory. However, the plugin has got a lot more useful features and configurations to explore, which I am leaving it in your interest.
Frequently Asked Questions Frequently Asked Questions
These are some of the Frequently Asked Questions related to the Business Directory Plugin. Let’s look at it.
1) What are the different types of Directories you can create with the Business Directory Plugin?
With the Business Directory Plugin, you can create,
- Business listings
- Company directory
- Team directory
- Member directory
- Staff Directory / Employee directory
- Hotel directory
- Medical directory
- Restaurant directory
- Church directory
- Travel review directories
- Software review sites
- Professional directory
- Local provider listings (like a Yelp clone)
- A Yellow Pages directory
- Online magazine listings
- Website listings
- Book review sites
2) Will Business Directory Plugin work with my WordPress theme?
Business Directory Plugin is written by developers with high code standards and you can expect it to work well with your WordPress theme.
Anyways, you can check the same and validate using the Theme Check plugin.
3) Can I accept Free and Paid Listings with Business Directory Plugin?
Yes, Business Directory Plugin allows you to collect a fee for Listings. For Free listings, just set the fee to 0.0, and for paid, you can set the fee as you like.
Get Started With Business Directory Plugin Get Started With Business Directory Plugin
If you are planning to get the premium version of the Business Directory plugin, then make sure you use our affiliate link below.
$This is an affiliate link
We hope you have found this article helpful and enjoyed the read. If you did, please consider sharing this article with your friends and fellow bloggers on social media. If you are looking for more WordPress tutorials, theme reviews, and SEO articles, check out our blog section.
We will share every tutorial there. If you need any help, let us know in the comments.
Related Articles You Might Like:
- Formidable Forms Review: A Truly Powerful Form Plugin!!!
- How You Can Integrate Formidable Forms With AWeber (Lead Generation Made Simple)
- How To Create a Multi-Page Form Using Formidable Forms (Explained)
- Formidable Forms vs. Ninja Forms (Which Is The Best WordPress Form Builder?)
- How You Can Create eCommerce Forms Using Formidable Forms (2020)
Enter your Email Address below and be the FIRST to receive our Blogging Tips.