Over a decade ago, numerous scams were available on all work from home jobs focused on extracting money from people.
The news of these scams spread fast and wide, creating a bad reputation for Work From Home Jobs and kept people away from it for an extended period.
A 2017 study from Upwork and Freelancers union predicted that more than half of the workforce will do freelancing in the next decade, citing over 50% of the current millennials are already freelancing.
Thanks to technology, which is driving today’s information age, people can look up for any information in a quick search, and soon the status of Work from Home Jobs has changed.
We are currently in the fourth industrial revolution – a period of rapid change in the work driven by increasing automation, where anything is possible.v
In addition to the anticipated growth, the Covid-19 pandemic has pushed forward the status of the Work from Home jobs from privilege to necessity.
Time Magazine called this change the World’s Largest Work From Home Experiment.
Work From Home is no longer the dream of the future, as it is available for anyone with the right set of skills.
This guide will go through the 21 Best Work From Home Jobs where you can land up in 2021.
Work From Home Jobs is beneficial for both Employers and Employees.
Employers can cut down expenses with this business model.
Flexjobs, an employment website with all its employees working remotely, has saved over $5 million on things like
- Overhead cost
- Real Estate cost
- Transit subsidies
- Continuity of operations
On the other side, employees have the following benefits.
Better Work-Life Balance
A remote job comes with a flexible schedule than your traditional 9 to 5 jobs. As long as you get the job done by the deadline, you have no issues.
The control that a remote job gives you over your work schedule is invaluable when attending to the needs of your personal life.
Making a visit to your doctor’s appointment or spending time with your children has been complicated with the traditional 9 to 5 jobs.
Reduced commute stress
A study by MoveInSync reveals that Indians spend 7% of their day getting into their office and spend over two hours on the road every day.
These long commuting to work every day results in health issues like:
- Higher Cholesterol
- Elevated Blood Sugar
- Increased level of depression
- Increased Anxiety
- A decrease in Happiness and Life Satisfaction
- Back Aches
- Lower sleep quality and increased exhaustion
With a remote job, you can forget this stress and work peacefully.
Work From Home Jobs opens a broader range of job opportunities that aren’t limited by geographic location, a great way to avoid high-rent, high-mortgage areas.
It is useful for job seekers living in rural communities and small towns, where there aren’t sufficient local jobs available.
People with military spouses can move to any location without starting from the bottom of their career whenever they move.
WFH jobs allow caregivers and people with disabilities to pursue the career of their choice without having to worry about doctor appointments.
Some companies supporting diversity, community, and family hire employees from diverse backgrounds, giving many opportunities.
By working from home, employees can save money on
- Car maintenance
- Professional wardrobe
- Bought out lunches, etc
Increased Productivity and Performance
A survey in 2019 by Flexjobs shows that 65% of professionals think they would be more productive working remotely than in a traditional office.
If the concept of remote working is implemented right, employees and companies can focus only on what matters the most, i.e., productivity.
Happier, Healthier Work Life
According to Global Workplace Analytics, 72% of employers say remote work has a high impact on employee retention, and 90% of employees feel flexible work arrangements increase employee morale.
These are positive signs that employees are happy to work from home.
Working from home leads to better health in various ways,
- More time for physical activity
- Time to eat healthier
- Ability to recover from illness or surgery
- Exposure to illness
- To create a comfortable and Ergonomic workspace
On the whole, Work From Home has a positive impact on the work front, leading to improved job satisfaction.
The concept of remote working will grow into newer forms in the coming years.
Based on the earnings per hour and the opportunities available, we have curated a list of Best Work Home From Jobs that you can take up in 2021.
Virtual Assistants (commonly called VA) are assistants for entrepreneurs working remotely.
They are usually assigned with day-to-day administrative tasks, which small business owners and entrepreneurs don’t have time to do.
Flexjobs has analyzed over 100,000 job listings across 50 different categories and subcategories and ranked Virtual Assistant as one of the five Fastest Growing Remote Career opportunities.
What do Virtual Assistants do?
The tasks performed by Virtual Assistants aren’t limited to specific. It depends upon the client, your skillset, and their requirements.
Some of the typical virtual Assistant jobs include:
- Scheduling Appointments
- Making Phone Calls
- Making Travel Arrangements
- Managing Email Accounts
- Offering Graphic Design Services
- Writing and Publishing Blog Posts
- Replying to Blog Post Comments
- Managing Social Media Profiles, etc
How can I become a Virtual Assistant?
To become a Virtual Assistant, you don’t need any formal education or qualification.
But anyone hiring a Virtual Assistant will expect a primary degree and specialized skills to perform the tasks.
Hence, it is recommended to join a training course, from someone who has been a successful Virtual Assistant earlier.
How much can I earn as a Virtual Assistant?
According to Payscale, the average hourly pay for a Virtual Assistant is $15.93.
The pay increases as you skill up and have a portfolio of clients.
Kayla Sloan, a full-time blogger, and a Virtual Assistant, made over $10,000/month through VA jobs alone.
Where can I find Virtual Assistant jobs?
Virtual Assistant Jobs can be found across Job portals like Naukri, LinkedIn, Shine, TimeJobs, etc and freelancer portals like Upwork, Freelancer, etc
Relevant Udemy Courses:
- Become a Virtual Assistant by Megan Walker
- Work From Home as a Virtual Assistant by Tina Marie Hilton
- Must-Have Tools for Virtual Assistants by Erin Booth
If you are proficient in multiple languages, becoming a translator is a good way to earn money.
Translators work either as a freelancer or work for agencies.
What do translators do?
Translators convert the information/document in one language to another language.
Translators often need to specialize in a specific language like medicine or business, etc.
The work of translators is often mixed with that of Interpreters. An Interpreter listens to what a person is saying in real-time and relay the information in another language.
Typical work of translators include
- Converting concepts in the source language to equivalent concepts in the target language
- Relaying style and tone
- Rendering spoken ideas accurately, quickly, and clearly.
What is Transcreation?
Transcreation is a fusion of translation and creation. They are otherwise known as Creative translation.
Transcreation involves copywriting content from the source language into creative and coherent content in the new language, unlike word to word translation.
Transcreation is more difficult because it considers the aspects of target languages meaning by,
- Adapting Words
- Adding Idioms
- Adjusting figures of speech
Translators and copywriters might use professional tools like Weglot for the Transcreation process.
How can I become a translator?
To become a translator, you don’t need a degree as long as your fluency in the required languages can be proven.
However, some employers request degrees or higher equivalents in specific languages.
In India, to become a translator, you need a diploma or degree course in the desired language after the 12th.
Freelancers ready to start translating can sign up at sites like:
How much can I earn as a translator?
The amount earned by freelancers depend on
- The demand for the language pairing
- The supply of proficient translators
- The subject matter of the translation
Among the different translation services, literary translators are paid the highest. They work with poetry, long novels, journals, and other literary forms. Their task is to counter language barriers and make works available for the larger audience.
The average salary of a translator is $17/hr.
Some relevant books to improve your skills and knowledge in the translator field,
- How to Succeed as a Freelance Translator by Corinne McKay
- The Entrepreneurial Linguist: The Business School Approach to Freelance Translation by Judy and Dagmar Jenner
- Is That a Fish in Your Ear? Translation and the Meaning of Everything by David Bellos
- The Translator’s Handbook by Morry Sofer
Web developers need to be proficient in the programming language they choose to work in.
Formal qualifications are not required every time. However, you will need a portfolio and past clients to prove yourself.
Front-end developers need to be proficient in
Back-end developers need to be proficient in
Full-stack developers need to be proficient in both.
What do Web Developers do?
The main objective of freelance web developers is to convert your client’s ideas into reality by creating web-based applications.
The day-to-day task of web developers will include,
- Writing code to create websites or web-based applications
- Debugging the code of other developers for errors
- Contributing code in their specialist language for projects
- Communicating with your team
How can I become a Web Developer?
To become a web developer,
- You need to choose your development specialization (front-end, back-end, or full-stack)
- Get a formal education to have proficient knowledge in various coding languages.
- You can join coding Bootcamp courses from Udemy or Codecademy.
- Develop your technical skills on core components of your specialization
- Set up a GitHub account and practice coding
- Create your website and set up your online portfolio to showcase your previous works to clients
- Once you have the skills required for a web developer, you can start looking for jobs on freelance marketplaces.
- Start looking for specific web development roles in freelance job portals.
How much can I earn as a Web Developer?
Freelance web developers charge either on an hourly basis or project basis.
On average, Freelance Web Developers charge up to $60/hour.
Relevant Coding Bootcamp Courses:
- 100 Days of Code – The Complete Python Pro Bootcamp for 2021 by Dr.Angela Yu
- The Coding Interview Bootcamp: Algorithms + Data Structures by Stephen Grider
- Android O & Java – The Complete Android Development Bootcamp by Philipp Muellauer
There is a common misconception that online facilities to book travel tickets have brought an end to travel agents.
But on the contrary, the Internet has enabled travel agents to work from home.
Home-based travel agents can either work with an online agency or with a travel supplier as an affiliate. Working with an online travel agency/Affiliate gives them access to deals and knowledge of trips.
They are paid commissions on the deals they put through customers.
What do Home-based Travel Agents do?
Home-based travel agents book tickets for clients. Their day-to-day tasks include,
- Contacting clients via email and telephone to understand the trip they want
- Communicating with hotels, airlines, taxis, etc to plan trips and book tickets
- Using their contacts in the industry to get special deals and discounts for customers
- Ensuring the trips are planned properly at all stages
- Sharing the itineraries of the trip with the clients and clearing their queries
- Helping clients with any issues during the trip
How can I become a Home-based Travel Agent?
There is no specific degree or certificate necessary to become a travel agent.
To become a Home-based Travel Agent in India, you need to have a,
- Basic understanding of Airline/Aviation/Travel Industry
- Communication skills to interact with customers
You can start looking for jobs from any existing travel agency at Job Portals.
Most home-based travel agent jobs in India require a minimum experience of 1-2 years in the travel industry. Hence, it is preferred to become an affiliate for travel companies.
If you have long term experience in the travel industry, you must consider starting a travel agency.
As a freelance Home-Based Travel Agent in India, you can join affiliate programs of online travel companies like,
How much can I earn as a Home-based Travel Agent?
As an affiliate of Travel companies, home-based travel agents can earn a commission from 5% to 7.5% for each flight ticket and hotel booking.
Freelance writers offer written pieces of content for clients. This includes articles, blog posts, emails, sales pages, etc.
Although writers prefer writing within their area of expertise, general content writers have plenty of opportunities.
What do Freelancer Writers do?
The day to day tasks of freelance writers include,
- Keyword and Topic Research
- Sourcing Images
- Collecting Statistics and quotes
- Being familiar with Content Management Systems like WordPress
- Creating Editorial Calendars
- Gaining knowledge of Digital Marketing
How can I become a Freelance Writer?
There are no specific qualifications to become a freelance writer.
But, you need to create a blog, a website, a portfolio, or writing samples to show your clients your quality of work.
You can get freelancer writer jobs from specific writer job portals like,
- Pro Blogger Job Board
Alternatively, you can build your network by cold-calling or emailing businesses in relevant areas of expertise.
How much can I earn as a Freelance Writer?
Freelance Writers are paid on a per word basis.
They range from $0.02 per word to $0.50 per word depending upon the nature of the task, your experience, research involved, reputation, and proven ability to generate sales.
The median hourly salary for a freelance writer ranges from $30 to $70 per hour.
Relevant Udemy Courses:
- The Complete Freelance Writing Course by Philippa Davies
- The Complete Copywriting Course: Write to Sell like a Pro by Rob Percival and Tamsin Henderson
- Writing with Flair: How to Become an Exceptional Writer by Shani Raja
Almost all businesses have social media profiles now. But Small Businesses often lack the time and expertise to manage their social media accounts.
A Social Media Manager is responsible for growing audiences on Social Media Platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram for the clients.
What do Social Media Managers do?
Routine tasks of Social Media Managers include,
- Creating a Content Calendar and get it approved by your client
- Creating Social Media Posts by writing your content and sourcing images online
- Uploading content provided by the company
- Scheduling posts and publishing them in real-time
- Responding to comments
- Responding to Social Media messages
Social Media Managers need to have a good eye for the current trends for boosting engagement.
How can I become a Social Media Manager?
You don’t need any specific qualifications to become a Social Media Manager.
But you need to be proficient with various social media platforms. You can make use of online courses to learn social media managing skills.
How much can I earn as a Social Media Manager?
Social Media Managers work either for a standard fee per month or a flat hourly rate depending upon the workload.
The price charged by Freelance Social Media Managers depends upon experience and how well they sell a service.
On average, Social Media Managers charge from $15 to $50 per hour.
Relevant Udemy Courses:
- Learn to Become a Freelance Social Media Manager from Home by Ali Mirza
- Instagram Marketing: Hashtags, Live Stories, Ads & More by Evan Kimbrell
- Certified Facebook Marketing (Complete Masterclass) by Benjamin Wilson
Data Entry is not a relatively new field. But with more and more companies outsourcing these administrative tasks to freelancers and remote workers, it is gaining more popularity.
Online Data Entry Jobs include typical administrative jobs and simple tasks.
Although many companies are hiring people for data entry jobs, numerous scams are available in the name of Data Entry Jobs.
We recommend you to keep yourself distant from listings that involve
- Paying an administrative fee for software and training
- Purchasing Business Kits
- Processing rebates and affiliate marketing
It is advisable to verify the job source before getting started.
What do Data Entry Professionals do?
Some of the everyday tasks that Data Entry Professionals do includes,
- Entering data from a Word Document into a spreadsheet
- Transcribing data from Recordings or phone conversations into a text file
- Converting Data from images to text form
How can I become a Data Entry Professional?
You don’t need any specific qualifications to become a Data Entry Professional. All you need is a computer with a reliable internet connection.
A Data Entry Professional is expected to have characteristics like,
- Attention to detail, etc
Companies that match data entry professionals include,
- Amazon Mechanical Turk
How much can I earn as a Data Entry Professional?
On average, data entry professionals make from $10 to $17 per hour, depending upon the individual’s pace and the nature of the task involved.
The pay for Data Entry Professionals is not high, even for a specialist in this field.
Relevant Udemy Courses:
- Data Entry Course for Beginners by Azharul Rafy
- Microsoft Excel – Excel from Beginner to Advanced by Kyle Pew
- Learn Everything about Microsoft Word by Kyle Pew
The idea of a call-center might remind you of an office with a bunch of people sitting around and making calls.
However, it is also possible to sit at home and make calls.
These virtual call center jobs have very little freedom than other work from home jobs.
You may need to be available at specific timings to make the calls.
What do Call Center Representatives do?
Call Center representatives will
- Attend calls from customers
- Note down complaints
- Taking orders
- Addressing issues, etc
Specific Call center jobs require face to face interaction through a webcam.
How can I become a Call-Center Representative?
Although you don’t need any specific qualifications to become a call-center representative, you need to have a good command of the language.
Some famous Call Center Jobs include,
- Accolade Support
How much can I earn as a Call Center Representative?
Most call center jobs have a set hourly wage and defined hours.
In the U.S., call center representatives are paid up to $10 per hour. However, in India, the pay is minimal, and freelancing opportunities are not high.
Becoming a blogger is most comfortable among the listed Work From Home Jobs. As a blogger, you will be posting articles on a specific niche where you are experienced.
What do Bloggers do?
Creating and maintaining a blog is similar to running a business. The day-to-day tasks of Blogger would include,
- Creating a Content strategy based on Keyword Research
- Writing Blog Posts and Sourcing Images
- Promoting blog posts on social media platforms
- Securing Backlinks from Authority Websites
- Replying to Readers’ comments
- Being active on Social Media
- Managing Affiliate Programs and Ad Networks
How can I become a Blogger?
To become a blogger, you will have to choose the niche you will write content in.
Once you have decided the niche where you are going to write content, you will need,
- A Domain Name
- A Web Hosting
- A Content Management System
- Cloudways is a popular Managed Cloud Hosting Platform
- BlogHeist is proudly hosted at Cloudways - Linode Server
- Start your 3 Day Free Trial on an Cloud Hosting Server at Cloudways
How much can I earn as a Blogger?
As a Blogger, you can earn money through Affiliate Marketing and Ad Networks. Some Bloggers make up to 7 figures a year from their blogs.
The earnings depend upon the blog’s traffic and how well it converts affiliate sales.
Relevant Udemy Courses:
- Blogging Masterclass: How to build a successful blog by Brad Merrill
- WordPress for Beginners: Master WordPress Quickly by Andrew Willaims
- Complete SEO Training + SEO for WordPress Websites by Arun Nagarathanam
Animation is a growing field from Disney Movies to YouTube explainer videos.
An animator is a person who creates 2 Dimensional (2D) and 3 dimensional (3D) images for websites, games, and other multimedia platforms through various computer software.
Some key skills of Animators include,
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
What do Animators do?
Typical responsibilities of Animators include,
- Working creatively to produce pleasing and appealing videos
- Using Specialized computer software like Maya, Flash, After Effects, etc
- Presenting designs to customers for feedback
How can I become an Animator?
To become an Animator, you will need a Bachelors Degree or Certification related to Animation.
The Animation industry is moving too fast. Hence, you need to develop your creative skills and gain experience quickly.
Create a portfolio to show your animation skills to your clients. The better your skills, the better freelance animation opportunities you get from freelance portals like,
How much can I earn as an Animator?
Freelance Animators earn from $30 to $150 per hour depending upon their skills, quality of work, and job complexity.
Relevant Udemy Courses:
- Maya for Beginners: Complete Guide to 3D Animation in Maya by Lucas Ridley
- Advanced CSS and Sass: Flexbox, Grid, Animations and more by Jonas Schmedtmann
- Complete Whiteboard Animation in Videoscribe by Kashif Altaf and A.Zulfiqar
Freelancer Proofreaders go through the content written by others and correct the mistakes. Proofreaders may have to check students’ work or individuals for grammatical errors.
Simple proofreading tasks may require little to no experience.
What does Freelance Proofreaders do?
The day to day tasks of Freelance Proofreaders include,
- Checking text for Spelling, Punctuation, and Grammatical errors
- Ensuring the written piece of content is as per editorial guidelines
Sometimes Freelance proofreaders may have to perform the task of a Copy Editor.
A copy editor will check the content’s tone and make structural changes if required to engage with the audience.
How can I become a Freelance Proofreader?
Although you don’t need a degree to become a Freelance Proofreader, a bachelor in Arts or Journalism will increase your reputation.
Alternatively, you can take up Certification courses to improve your vocabulary and skills.
To build up your reputation as a good proofreader, you should be able to spot mistakes quickly. Having excellent Grammar and Spelling knowledge is a must.
Freelance Proofreader jobs are available at Job Portals like
How much can I earn as a Freelance Proofreader?
Freelance proofreader charges either on per hour or per word basis.
On average, Freelance proofreaders charge $15 to $50 per hour, depending upon their experience.
Relevant Udemy Courses:
- Kickstart a Freelance Editor & Proofread career on Upwork by Duncan Koerber
- Editing Mastery: How to edit Writing to Perfection by Shani Raja
- How to find & correct Writing Errors: The Proofreading Guide by Duncan Koerber
Graphic Designers help businesses by creating visual content. They could be used in blogs, websites, logos, banners, printed media, or more.
Professional Graphic Design Tools are paid software, and you should be subscribing to memberships to get access to the tools.
What do Graphic Designers do?
Beyond creating visual content, Graphic Designers may have to
- Work with Client’s existing brand identity
- Be a part of the Client’s brand identity creation process
- Communicate with copywriters and other creators for the design process
- Work with clients to come up with design concepts
- Stay up to date with Graphic design trends and software used
How can I become a Graphic Designer?
You don’t need any specific qualifications to become a freelance Graphic Designer.
Completing certification courses for various Graphic Design tools will add reputation. You will need to create a portfolio to show your works to your clients.
You can look for Graphic Designers Jobs at Freelance portals like
Contributing to Platforms like Freepik will help you earn passive income.
How much can I earn as a Graphic Designer?
Freelance Graphic Designers charge either on an hourly basis or per-project basis.
On average, Freelance Graphic Designers charge $15 to $60 per hour. This depends upon the experience and quality of work.
Relevant Udemy Courses:
- Graphic Design Masterclass – Learn Great Design by Lindsay Marsh
- Graphic Design Bootcamp: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign by Derrick Mitchell
- The Complete Graphic Design Theory for Beginners by Lindsay Marsh and Jeremy Deighan
Teaching online is a lucrative way of earning money online. Online Tutors teach the subject where they are expertise.
Online tutoring is a chance for students and tutors to set up their schedules and study/work according to their own pace.
What do Online Tutors do?
Online teachers teach the subject where they are experts. Apart from teaching, they have to,
- Plan curriculums
- Plan lessons
- Perform student evaluations
- Teach individual students over skype or other video conferencing software
How can I become an Online Tutor?
To become an online tutor, you need to have a degree in your specialization.
If you are teaching English online, you may require a TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) certification.
Online Tutors can apply for teaching platforms like
These platforms pay for the time you spend teaching. However, you may need to spend extra hours planning the content for education.
How much can I earn as an Online Tutor?
On average Online Tutors earn from $10 to $30 per hour depending upon the subjects and your expertise in the field.
Relevant Udemy Courses:
- Remote Teaching Online – How to Record lectures at Home by Nick Nyxson
- Teach English Online: find students and start teaching now by Charles Cornelius
- The Complete Online Teaching Masterclass: Teach online today by Joe Parys
Survey Takers get rewards and cash for sharing their honest opinions for online surveys.
Since these surveys are directed towards a specific audience, you can get rejected by various survey panels.
Many scams are doing around the internet in the name of paid surveys. Refrain yourself from websites charging membership fees for online paid survey opportunities, as they turn out to be a scam.
What do Survey Takers do?
Many Companies depend upon consumer feedback for their products. Consumer feedbacks help companies improve their products.
Companies survey a specific audience using survey panels to collect consumer feedback.
Survey takers take up these surveys with their honest opinion about the product. And in return, Survey takers get rewards.
The downside of a Survey taker is that opportunities are limited depending upon the country you are from.
How can I become a Survey Taker?
To become a Survey Taker, you need to signup for Paid Survey Panels.
Some Popular Paid Survey Panels include,
Popular Paid Survey Panels targeted for Indian audience include,
By joining Panelplace, you will get access to various survey panels from a single website.
How much can I earn as a Survey Taker?
Survey Takers earn for the surveys they complete.
On successfully completing each survey, Survey Takers earn from $0.5 to $20 depending upon their geography and the survey’s length.
Not all survey panels pay in cash. Some panels pay as Amazon Gift Cards or Flipkart Gift Cards, which you can redeem.
Compared to other work from home jobs, taking up online paid surveys has the lowest income potential.
Transcription or transcribing involves listening to live audio or recording and typing it into a text or document format.
Transcribing jobs could range from small 2-4 clips to lengthy interviews. These jobs are flexible, and you can work from your home.
Transcribers with specialized backgrounds like medical, legal, research, captioning, etc are paid higher.
What do transcribers do?
Transcribers listen to audio and type what was said. They are supposed to write down the company’s prescribed format that hires them.
Transcribers have to edit them to ensure error-free.
How can I become a transcriber?
You will need a computer with a reliable internet connection, a foot pedal, and a Headset. To pass a transcription test, you will need training and experience.
Although converting video and audio to text documents is the essential skill required, you will also need skills like Punctuation, Spelling, and Critical thinking skills.
How much can I earn as a transcriber?
Transcribers are paid either hourly or per minute of audio.
The faster you can understand what is said and then typing it, the more you are paid.
According to Transcribeme, Transcribers are paid from $15-$22 per audio hour.
Advanced Transcribing opportunities (such as Medical Transcriber, Legal Transcriber) are usually paid higher and require domain-specific knowledge.
Where can I find transcriber jobs?
Transcriber jobs can be found to be at various transcription sites like,
Relevant Udemy Courses:
- Transcription Skills – Learn Beginning to Advanced Skills by Chelsea Flint
- Step By Step Transcription from Home – Start a New Career by Amanda Fichter
- How to become a Transcriptionist by Chelsea Flint
Virtual Recruiters are HRs working in remote locations and hiring candidates. The recruitment is done through web-based applications and resources.
As a virtual recruiter, you will be backed up by an agency and provided with the required tools and software.
What do virtual recruiters do?
The day to day responsibilities of virtual recruiters include,
- Writing Clear Job Descriptions
- Posting Job Descriptions across various Job portals
- Sourcing and Screening Potential Candidates
- Reviewing Job Requirements
- Conducting Interviews
- Assisting with On-boarding
How can I become a virtual recruiter?
To become a Virtual Recruiter, you will need a degree in Human Resources. You will need to have good written and verbal communication skills.
Virtual recruiter jobs can be found across various portals like,
How much can I earn as a virtual recruiter?
Virtual Recruiters are paid on an hourly basis.
On average Virtual Recruiters are paid from $5 to $100 per hour depending upon the industry and recruiting experience.
Relevant Udemy Courses:
- Recruiter Training – Hire Top Employees in 30 Days by Craig Brown
- Start & Grow Your Staffing & Recruiting Business by Ryan Lecour
- Recruiting: Talent Acquisition & Hiring by Davis Jones, Eazl & Ludell Jones
Search Engines are run by complicated algorithms and need to be periodically checked by humans to verify the search results.
Google calls these jobs as Ads Quality Tester, and it is one of the few home-based Google job opportunities available.
Search Engine Evaluators give feedback for internet search results to ensure that these search results are comprehensive, accurate, spam-free, and relevant to the searcher’s intent.
What does a Web Search Evaluator do?
The task of Web Search Evaluators will have,
- An Assessment platform showing a query and a set of results
- Web Search Evaluator will rate the results depending upon relevancy
How can I become a Web Search Evaluator?
A college degree is required for applying for a Web Search Evaluator job.
Some of the platforms with Web Search Evaluators are:
To understand the search queries, you must be tech-savvy and know how to conduct advanced searches.
How much can I earn as a Web Search Evaluator?
On average Web, Search Evaluators are paid from $12 to $15 per hour.
Product testers test the products and share their honest opinions. Product testers can keep the products they are trying out.
Apart from product tester, there are website testing opportunities, where people test the user experience of websites and apps.
What do Product Testers do?
Physical Product Testers try products and share experiences with brands. User Experience Testers talk about their experiences while using the website or app.
How can I become a Product Tester?
No specific qualifications are required to become a Product/User Experience tester.
To become a product tester, you need to sign up at Product Testing platforms like,
Similarly, you can sign up at UserTesting for opportunities to test websites and apps.
How much can I earn as a Product Tester?
Product Testers get paid $10 for completing a 20-minute test and are paid even higher for interviews.
Facebook is an incredible platform where over 3 million businesses advertise. It is where both small and big businesses advertise to billions of users worldwide.
Facebook allows targeting a particular audience.
The popularity of advertising on Facebook has brought opportunities for Facebook Ad Managers.
They are skillful people running ads over Facebook to generate leads and Sales.
What do Facebook Ad Managers do?
Facebook Ad Managers take care of the complete process of running advertisements for businesses.
Depending upon the business they work, their day to day workload includes,
- Creating ads by writing Ad Copy and Sourcing images
- Choose the target audience sector for the campaign
- Choosing the most appropriate type of ad for the campaign
- Running A/B Tests to identify the performance of ads
- Optimizing the ads based on the performance
- Submitting the reports to clients
A good Facebook Ad Manager will keep himself updated with the social media trends to create engagement with the audience.
How can I become a Facebook Ad Manager?
To become a Facebook Ad Manager, you need to know how to run successful ad campaigns on Facebook.
Beginners can undergo courses on running Facebook Ads from Udemy.
You will need to spend a small amount and start experimenting with Facebook Ads to see the results.
Creating a portfolio that showcases the results of your Ad campaigns will help you get a job from portals like,
How much can I earn as a Facebook Ad Manager?
For big projects, Facebook Ad Managers charge a set monthly fee to manage campaigns for clients, which ranges from $1000 to $2000 per month.
Freelancer Facebook Ad Managers charge a percentage of the total ad spent on an hourly basis.
Relevant Udemy Courses:
- Facebook Ads & Facebook Marketing Mastery 2021 by Course Envy
- The Complete Facebook Ads Course – Beginner to Advanced by Daragh Walsh and Rob Percival
- 10 Facebook Ad Strategies that make me 6 Figures by Nik Swami
If you are an animal lover, then pet sitting is a suitable job. Pet sitting job will suitably fit around other commitments too.
What do Pet sitters do?
Some of the pet-related services that one can offer includes,
- Looking after the pets in your own home for a day
- Looking after the pets in your own home during the night and pet owners vacation
- Walking dogs
How can I become a Pet Sitter?
To become a Petsitter, you just need to be an animal lover.
Rover is a platform where you can create a profile for yourself and your experience caring for your dogs. It allows you to choose the type of dogs you want to watch for and your available dates.
After the service is done, you will get paid within 2 days.
Currently, Rover is used across the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Germany, Spain, France, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, and Sweeden.
In India, Freelancers can offer pet sitting services through Petbacker.
How much can I make as a Pet Sitter?
According to Rover, people who use their platform can earn up to $1000 per month based on the services they offer and their work hours.
In India, Pet sitters charge from ₹50 to ₹1000 per visit through Petbacker.
Babysitting is suitable for people who love spending time with children. You will need to take care of the children and feed them when the parents are not at home.
What do Baby sitters do?
Your job, a Baby sitter, will depend upon the child’s age taking care of, and the expectations of parents.
Some everyday tasks include,
- Organizing activities
- Supervising play dates
- Preparing meals
- Driving children to and from activities
- Helping them with homework
How can I become a Babysitter?
You don’t need any qualifications to become a Babysitter. But taking short courses at Udemy to learn how to first aid and primary childcare will come in handy.
You can offer your Babysitting service at websites like Sittercity.
In India, freelancers can offer their babysitting service through Job Portals and Quikr.
How much can I earn as a Baby sitter?
Baby sitters are paid on an hourly basis or monthly basis.
According to ZipRecruiter, the average hourly pay for a baby sitter in the United States is $16.75 an hour. And this increases with the number of children.
In India, the average hourly pay for Baby sitters is ₹500.
Relevant Udemy Courses:
- The Complete Guide to become a Babysitter by Jeffrey Kelly
- First Aid and Children’s Health: Complete Guide by Medscreen
- Parenting Skills to raise Responsible, Mature Children by Roger Kay Allen
We have covered some of the famous and emerging Work From Home jobs. However, the internet is comprehensive, and there are plenty of job opportunities available,
The following job/freelance portals will help you look for more opportunities.
Upwork is a huge marketplace that connects freelancers with small and long term gigs. At Upwork, Freelancers get paid for either hourly, fixed-rate, or Milestones.
How does Upwork work?
Upwork works in the following way,
- Companies post jobs that they are interested in outsourcing
- Freelancers at Upwork bid for these jobs
- Companies choose the freelancers based on their portfolio, and they get hired
- Once the jobs commence, freelancers chat and collaborate with the companies to get the work done
- After successful completion of the work, Freelancers get paid and reviewed
How much does Upwork charge?
Upwork has got two memberships for Freelancers.
- Basic: It is a Free plan, but you will have to pay $0.15 for each Connect with potential clients. It allows up to 140 connections each month.
- Plus: The Plus plan costs $14.99 per month and allows up to 70 connects per month.
How can I get Paid at Upwork?
Upwork Freelancers can get paid via Paypal, Direct Deposit, or Wire Transfer. Hourly projects are billed weekly.
Freelancer works more or less similar to Upwork. Signing up and setting up your Freelancer account is a lot easier when compared to Upwork.
How does Freelancer work?
- Employers post their jobs at Freelancer be it small or large
- Freelancers go through these projects and big for these projects
- Employers will browse through freelancer profiles, chat in real-time, compare proposals, and choose the best one
- Employers set the Milestone to reach for payments
- Upon successful completion and satisfactory work, Employers release the milestone payments.
- Alternatively, Employers can also directly go through the Freelancer profiles and hire them on an hourly basis
- Freelancers with free memberships are allowed to submit 8 bids in 1 month
- The number of bids per month increases when upgraded to higher memberships
How much does a Freelancer charge?
Freelancer charges are as follows:
- For fixed-price projects, you will pay a fee of $3 (U.S.) / ₹150 (India) or 3%, whichever is higher.
- For hourly projects, you will pay a flat fee of 3%
How can I get paid at Freelancer.com?
Unlike Upwork, Fiverr is widely suited for small tasks.
How does Fiverr work?
- Freelancers signup for Fiverr and creates a profile
- Freelances post the gigs that they are interested in offering
- Buyers choose the gigs based on their needs and pay in advance
- Once an order for a gig has been placed, the freelancers get notified
- Freelancers can discuss the project in detail with the clients through the chat system available
- Once the work is done, the payment is released
How much does Fiverr charge?
Fiverr does not have any subscription fee. Instead, they charge 20% on each transaction/order.
How can I get paid at Fiverr?
At Fiverr, you can get paid through PayPal, Fiverr Revenue Card, or Bank Transfer (applicable for the US only)
Work From Home Jobs looks good and attractive.
But there are many scams involved, and it is not easy to differentiate legitimate Work From Home Jobs from scams.
Some simple measures taken by you can help you avoid getting into these kinds of scams.
Research the company
- Identify the company for whom you are working for
- Take extra care to research the company that is hiring
- A standard google search about the business will help you identify if such a legitimate business exists.
Ask for references
- Just like you, the company would have hired workers for work from home jobs
- Ask for the count of people and their details, check if you can reach them out
- If a company is unwilling to share these details, you must start to become a little suspicious
Think before spending money
- If your employer asks you to purchase a product to get started with work, you need to think before spending
- Although some legitimate work from home jobs need some equipment, make sure you understand what you are buying
- Also, check the return policy for your equipment as it becomes handy if your new job doesn’t last long.
Work from Home is a dream come true for many people. Technology and the Covid-19 pandemic have driven the changes to this new normal.
While hunting for a new job, all you need is patience and self-motivation, as you can lose it soon after a few rejections.
Learning more within your specialization and keep upgrading your skills is the best way to keep growing at higher levels.
Networking is important for each freelancer to keep getting more and more projects regularly. A lot of networking can keep you occupied with tasks and earn a regular income.
If you are a freelancer, do share your experience with us in the comments section so that we can learn more from you.
Related articles you might like:
- How to earn 2500€/month with SendInBlue Affiliate Program?
- Semrush Affiliate Program Review: Best Affiliate Program for Lifetime
- What Services You Can Sell On Fiverr (Ultimate List)
- 17 Affiliate Marketing Strategies that can help you make money
- 12 Best Google Adsense Alternatives to make more money – 2021 Edition
Did you find the article useful?
Then pin me to your Pinterest Board, so that more people will find me
(Remember: The more you give to the Universe, the more you will get from the Universe)So, Pin me
- The Coronavirus Outbreak has become the World’s Largest Work From Home Experiment – Time
- Freelancers are predicted to become the U.S. workforce majority within a decade, with nearly 50% of millennial workers already freelancing, annual “Freelancing in America” study finds – Upwork
- Flexjobs 2019 Annual Survey: Flexible Work Plays a big role in Job Choices – Flexjobs
- Remote Work Helps FlexJobs Reduce Environmental Footprint, Save Financially, and Boost Productivity – Flexjobs
- 10 Things your commute does to your Body – Time
- The Benefits of Working From Home: Why The Pandemic Isn’t the Only Reason to Work Remotely – Flexjobs
- Indians spend 7% of their day getting to their office – The Economic Times
- Virtual Assistant Definition – Investopedia
- 5 of the Fastest-Growing Remote Career Categories – Flexjobs
- How Kayla Earns $10K/Month From Home as a Virtual Assistant – Making Sense of Cents
- A career as a Translator – CollegeDekho
- 5 Things You Should Know About the Highest Paying Translation Services – Clear Words Translations
- Web Development Degrees & Careers – How to Become a Web Developer – Learn How to Become
- The 8 Types of Social Media Community Managers (+ Job Descriptions) – Hubspot
- How much to charge for Social Media Management? (Freelancers and Consultants) – Social Media Strategies Summit
- Looking for a Data Entry Job: What you need to Know – The Balance Careers
- What Are Data Entry Jobs? A Guide to Salary, Skills and Job Hunting – Flexjobs
- What Does an Animator Do? A Close-Up Look at This Creative Career – Rasmussen College
- How to Become an Animator: A Quick Guide – BreadnBeyond
- 35 Best Online Proofreading Jobs For Beginners to Earn Money Working at Home – MoneyTamer
- How much do Freelancer Designers Earn in 2019? – Payoneer
- 23 Legitimate Online Tutoring Jobs to Make Money at Home – MoneyTamer
- Can you Make Money Doing Surveys – Career Trend
- Complete Guide on Working with Freelance Sourcers and Recruiters – Recruiterflow
- How to become an Online Recruiter – Career Trend
- Virtual Recruiter Job Description – Betterteam
- How to find a Web Search Evaluator Job – The Balance Careers
- What Is a Search Engine Evaluator? Job Description, Salary, Skills – Flexjobs
- Review: How to make money on Upwork – Nerdwallet
- Looking for a review of Freelancer.com? – Hubstaff Blog
- What’s Transcreation? How to use Transcreation for a deeper understanding of your Target language – Weglot