Why do you need to go with the best email capture tools?
The money is in the email list.
That might look like a cliché. But, it is the hard truth. Email marketing is still not dead, and it is the best promotional source that I would ever consider. When someone gives you the email, it means that they are giving you permission to contact them.
So, it is the first sense of trust. If you are professional, you wouldn’t be spamming your subscribers and losing your trust. A professional would consider their subscribers as valuable resources. They will try to exploit these valuable resources by making use of email marketing.
To start with email marketing, you must get these emails from your visitors. To get these emails, these email capture tools will be very useful. Some marketers also call them as list building tools, because you build your email list with these tools. And, that’s why I am here with my list of best email capture tools.
Table of Contents
- 7+ Best Email Capture Tools:
- 1) LeadPages:
- 2) Hello Bar:
- 3) Thrive Leads:
- 4) Sumo:
- 5) OptinMonster:
- Major Features of OptinMonster:
- 6) Hubspot Marketing:
- 7) Bloom:
- 8) Omnisend
- 9) OmniKick:
- Wrapping Up:
7+ Best Email Capture Tools:
There are so many email capture tools available on the internet. Some are free to use and many are paid. You can also find some freemium tools.
In this blog post, I will give you an exposuretof the best email capture tools used by professional bloggers. Let’s see what are they.
LeadPages is the most popular list building tool used by professionals. The reason is it that it is just not a landing page builder. It has got some many powerful integrations and features inbuilt.
Features of LeadPages:
Some popular features are:
- Most-attractive mobile Templates: They have got hundreds of ready-made templates for various events. You can use all these templates for list building.
- Easy Customization: You can create powerful landing pages and forms with ease.
- Built-in Payments: You can never find out such a feature in any other list building tool. Create a checkout section in any part of the landing page. So, creating upsells and conversions are not a big deal anymore
- Instant Ad Creation: Their integrated Facebook Ad Builder pulls content from your page and creates compelling ads.
- Easy Audience Targeting: With their robust targeting tools, ensure you don’t lose even a penny.
- Automatic Pixel Placement: Leadpages will automatically place Facebook’s tracking pixels on your pages, so it will be easy for you to retarget your audience and make the best out of analytics.
- A/B Testing: This is a common feature that you can find in many list building tool
- Marketing Integrations: They have a big list of Integrations starting with Paypal, Convertkit, GetResponse, Aweber and many more. You can find the entire list of Integrations here.
- Clear Campaign ROI: LeadPages will reduce your need to maintain spreadsheets to check the performance of your campaigns. Their dashboard will help you manage everything.
These are just some of their popular features. They have many more. You can find the entire list of features available at LeadPages on their website.
The pricing of LeadPages starts at $37/mo.
Start with a 14-Day trial to explore how powerful this tool is.
2) Hello Bar:
Hello Bar is a popular WordPress plugin that helps you add notifications bar to your website. Apart from having light-weight email capturing tool like Notification bars, it also has aggressive email capturing methods like Popups, sliders and page takeovers.
Features of Hello Bar:
- Exit Pop-ups: When a visitor is about to leave these pop-ups will start to work. With Hello Bar, you can create Exit Pop-ups with animated GIFs in the background.
- Content Upgrades: By making use of Hello Bar, you can also create Content Upgrades.
- Targeting Vistors: You can target your visitors based on URL, device, location and Traffic Source.
- A/B Testing: You can create variations for your forms and bar and test its performance.
Watch this video from Neil Patel to see how he collects email addresses using Hello Bar.
Hello Bar gives you a free account. The pro account starts at $15/mo
Special Offer: Make use of my Hello Bar referral link and get one month of Hello Bar Pro for free.
3) Thrive Leads:
Thrive Leads is one of the best email capture tools that you can find ever. As the name suggests, Thrive Leads belongs to the family of Thrive Themes, which offers many more similar products like Thrive Architect, Thrive Optimize etc and also got some professional WordPress themes.
With Thrive Leads, you can create ThriveBox (Popup LightBox), Sticky Ribbon, In-Line Forms, 2-step opt-in form, slide-in, opt-in Widget, Screen Filler Overlay, Content Lock, Scroll Mat and Multiple Choice Forms.
Features of Thrive Leads:
- Mobile Specific Opt-in Forms: This is one feature which you can’t find in many other tools. Creating Opt-in forms specifically for mobile users. Since, mobile users are growing every day, creating specific mobile opt-in will help you get more leads.
- Easy Customization: You can design and customize forms with their drag and drop builder. So, even a beginner can exploit the maximum of Thrive Leads.
- SmartLinks: By using SmartLinks, you can make your website free from pop-ups. Only when your reader clicks these Smartlinks, the popups will be shown.
- A/B Testing: By making use of A/B testing, you can keep your email list accelerating.
- SmartExit & SmartExit+: They are some advanced versions of Exit-Intent email pop-ups. Thrive Themes has tested hundreds of websites and concludes that SmartExit and SmartExit+ converts better than default Exit-Intent Popups
- Creating Eye-Catching Animations: Using Thrive Leads, you can use eye-catching animations for your popups and you can even do A/B testing for these animations.
- Ultra-Precise Targeting: By making use of their ultra-precise targeting features, you can show exactly the right offer to the right segment of your audience.
- Best Reports: Make use of the advanced reporting features at Thrive Leads, to identify which campaigns perform well, where your traffic comes from and many more.
The pricing of Thrive Leads is $67 for a single website.
Special Offer: You can save $871 when you buy Thrive Themes Membership
Sumo was earlier known as Sumo Me. Many old blog posts and videos on the internet will have their name as Sumo Me.
Sumo is just not an email list building tool. It has also got features like share buttons and heatmaps. It is a complete collection of website traffic generation tools. To collect email leads, you can make use of their List Builder, Welcome Mat, and Smart Bar.
Features of Sumo:
- Drag and Drop Builder: The popup and forms can be created by drag and drop, making it easy for everyone to use.
- Target Audience: With its simple targeting options, you can display different popups to audience from different traffic.
- Pre-Designed Templates: They have got dozens of pre-designed templates to make your work simpler.
- A/B Testing: You can create variations of your pop-ups and choose the best converting one.
- Mobile Responsive: All these popups and forms are mobile responsive. So, you don’t need to worry about using them for mobiles
Sumo has a free plan, which you can use for 200 subscribers. The professional plan starts at $30/month.
OptinMonster is the most loved email capture tool, basically for its design, and its monster logo. They are so popular as they are featured in Entrepreneur, Huffpost, Inc., Forbes, VB, Yahoo etc. I covered it in detail in my OptinMonster Review.
OptinMonster has got high converting opt-in forms like Exit-Intent popups, full-screen welcome mat, scroll boxes etc.
Major Features of OptinMonster:
- Reduce Cart Abandonment: OptinMonster uses time-sensitive behavior based offers to dramatically reduce overall cart abandonment. So, this will help you boost sales.
- Targeted Website Messages: The best thing about OptinMonster is that it remembers your existing newsletter subscribers, customers, and returning visitors. How cool is welcoming your returning visitor, OptinMonster does that.
- Onsite Retargeting: By retargeting your site visitors who abandon the cart, you can improve your sales.
- Complete Access Control: You can create sub-accounts for your OptinMonster account and allow dashboard access for your clients, 3rd party consultants etc
- Pre-made Templates: They have got 65+ premade templates to help you create forms easily.
- A/B Testing: You can create A/B testing and choose the best one based on data-driven results.
- Integrations: OptinMonster has got a huge number of email marketing platform integrations like SendInBlue, Aweber, ConvertKit, GetResponse etc
The pricing for the OptinMonster starts at $19/mo. They don’t have a trial, but they offer you a 14-day money back guarantee.
6) Hubspot Marketing:
Hubspot Marketing Free is a WordPress plugin that you can install on your WordPress site. This plugin is just not an email capturing tool, but will also help you to track leads and track user behavior on your website.
With this plugin, you can create pop-ups, slide-ins, modal forms.
Features of Hubspot Marketing:
- Contact Form Integrations: All those integrations that I mentioned earlier were email marketing software integrations. But, Hubspot Marketing allows you to integrate with Contact forms like Ninja Forms, Gravity Forms, Contact Form 7 etc.
- Contact Insights: Unlike other email capture tools, Hubspot Marketing plugin will pull additional info about the lead including Job Title and social profiles. You can also see how they arrived at your website and what they viewed before they fill up this form. Each activity is clearly listed in a timeline so that you can understand what they are interested in.
- Built-in Analytics: Their built-in Analytics feature will make it easier to learn which pages, offers and traffic sources are driving the most conversions. You can even see how many times, the leads visit the site before he buys.
Hubspot Marketing free is a free WordPress plugin. However, you can upgrade to the starter package at $50/month
Bloom belongs to the family of Elegant Themes. I do love Elegant Themes so much. As you see, the current theme that I use – Divi, actually belongs to Elegant Themes. Just like Divi, I am also using Bloom at OnlineRockersHub.
I am using Bloom to create all content upgrades, which is basically the offers section at OnlineRockersHub.
With Bloom, you can create Pop-ups, Fly-ins, Inline Opt-In Forms, Below Content Opt-In Forms, Widget Area Opt-In Forms, Require Opt-in To Unlock Content.
Features of Bloom:
- Responsive & Retina Ready: All the forms that you create with Bloom are responsive, meaning you don’t need to create forms separately for mobile devices.
- Import and Export Bloom Data: If you want to export all your current forms to a different website, you can easily do that with their Import and Export feature.
- Unlimited Email Marketing Account Integrations: You can add, modify and remove unlimited integrations to other Email Marketing tools.
- A/B Testing: Make use of A/B Testing to increase your conversions.
- Targeting Audience: You can set display rules for individual posts/pages and you can even set to display for specific post types.
- 100+ Pre-made Templates: Bloom comes with 100+ pre-made templates and gives you a lot of customization options. So, just within a matter of a few minutes, you can create attractive professional looking forms.
You cannot buy Bloom plugin as an individual product. It comes along with Elegant Themes Membership. Elegant Themes Membership costs $89 /year
While Omnisend is not exclusively for email capture, there’s no denying that this feature plays a big role in finding success with this tool. With hundreds of 5-star ratings across the Shopify store, G2Crowd, Capterra, and more, it’s obvious their customers love what they do.
Let’s have a look at their major features.
Major Features of Omnisend:
Popups for every occasion: Whether you choose timed-based, scroll-based, or exit-intent, there’s a popup for you.
Visual drag and drop builder: Whether you’re building a popup or an email, there’s no HTML knowledge required
Landing pages for special offers: If you’re looking to create an extra special offer, you can create dedicated landing pages for your email capture
Gamified forms to make signing up fun: Omnisend’s Wheel of Fortune lets your customers spin to win their discount upon signing up for your list
Email marketing automation: Create messages that automatically trigger when a subscriber first signs up, completes a purchase, or any other trigger you can think of
Smart segmentation: Make sure the messages and popups you send are always relevant by segmenting your subscribers based on campaign engagement, profile data, and shopping behavior
Omnichannel marketing: Unlike most marketing automation platforms, you can add several channels into the same automation workflow, such as email, SMS, web push notifications, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Viber, and more
Intelligent insights: See how each form and campaign is performing with data reports, key metrics, and sales data
Omnisend offers a free plan for basic email marketing which allows you to send up to 15,000 emails per month. Their Standard Plan starts off at $16 per month, which you can add on to with modules to customize your plan for your e-commerce store.
OmniKick is a trusted email capture tool, loved for its design, features, and result driving capabilities. It boosts your sales by personalized lead capturing technologies for all size of online business. It is also one of the favorite Shopify apps as it delivers brilliant e-commerce marketing results.
OmniKick provides highly optimized opt-in forms like abandon-intent popups, full-screen welcome mat, sliders, in-line popups, and floating bars. These are very easy to deploy and boosts your conversion rate. OmniKick has fantastic reviews on sites like capterra,crozdesk, and sourceforge.
Major Features of OmniKick:
- Reduce Cart Abandonment: OmniKick uses smart abandon-intent technology with sleep sensors to track idle or exit behavior. It stops users from abandoning the cart and persuade them to proceed with the checkout.
- Increases Sales: The best thing about OmniKick is that it boosts your revenue by increasing your sales. It creates a funnel which converts even the most skeptic users and gradually nurtures them to buy your product or service. It takes only a few clicks to set up the funnels, and they work automatically.
- Onsite Retargeting: OmniKick retargets your site visitors who abandon the cart. So you can improve your sales consistently.
- Viral Loop: OmniKick has features to make your visitor subscribe, like your social media pages and share your contents in one single session.s
- Pre-made Templates: OmniKick has tons of amazing pre-made templates all mobile friendly and optimized for higher conversion.
- Fetches Important Data: Each lead OmniKick captures will come with its device, location, and behavioral information as well.
- A/B Testing: YYou can create A/B testing for each one of your funnels and find out exactly which one is giving you better results.
- Integrations: OmniKick integrates with most of the major email marketing platforms like Aweber, ConvertKit, Getresponse, Mailchimp, etc.
OmniKick provides versatile pricing to users. You can get started free for a 14 days’ trial period. The paid plans start with $19/mo (yearly) and $25/mo (monthly).
So, I have explained to you with 9 best email capture tools. Now, it’s up to you to choose the best email capture tool that is suitable for your budget and feature requirements.
Last and Final Tip: Before you purchase any product, look out for trials. Sign up for their trial, and only if you are interested and satisfied, go to the subscription. This will help you save a lot of money.