A business directory is a catalog of service providers online. It helps users to discover and connect with providers that are in the same niche or category. A business directory may be to help website owners find potential clients as well as online business opportunities.
Business directories are quite popular, easy to use, widely installed, and increase website interaction on business owners’ website.
You can use a business directory to create an online resource that you can use to make your authority over a certain niche.
A WordPress Developer can create many business category listings that include:
- Real estate listings
- Church directories
- Address book categories
- Cleaning services listings and so much more.
Table of Contents
Best Business Directory Plugins
With some Business Directory Plugins available for WordPress sites, we’ve reviewed 7 of the best for your usage.
1) Business Directory Plugin
This Plugin is free of charge and is used for WordPress Development quite a lot. Support for this plugin also comes free of charge and is very highly rated. This plugin can be updated onto premium modules as need arises with no hassle. It has several features which include:
- Easy setup and usage: The first goal of this directory is to ensure users have an easy time whilst using it and that you find everything you need as you interact with it. It also comes with an installation service that WordPress Developers can benefit from.
- Easy monetization: If you’re creating a directory to make money from it, then this will make your life quite easy as it combines major payment gateways as well as premium modules to assist you in blocking some features to only include paid plans.
$This is an affiliate link
- Business Directory Plugin is the #1 Plugin to create directories in WordPress
- All in one plugin to Create any type of Directories with Payment features
- Flat 50% off on Premium Subscriptions - Limited Time Offer (Only for Today!)
2) Geo Directory
A plugin that boasts to be the only WordPress directory plugin that is able to carry millions of directories and still not bow down to the pressure of assault due to traffic.
This plugin is very easy to use and customize as per your needs. It works with any theme on WordPress with no glitches and you can easily customize its’ PHP templates onto your WordPress child theme.
Its features are:
- It’s developer-friendly: As a WordPress Developer, you’ll have quite an easy time with this plugin as you can pick it up rather easily and work with it. The code is clean and almost all of it has been thoroughly DocBlocked to the standards of WordPress.
- Easy Categorization: It contains an event manager which can display events optimally. It also displays events that repeatedly come up and categorizes them accordingly by selecting them either ‘daily’, ‘past’, ‘monthly’, or ‘weekly’.
3) CM Business Directory
This plugin is best if you’re looking to become an authority in a certain niche. It gives you the freedom to design an executive listing for your WordPress site.
It is editable to new users who wish to establish themselves into your directory and permits individual listings to add their contact information, and other specific customizations.
It can be highly custom made and permits different payment options. Its’ benefits include:
- Includes Google maps support
- Users can manage their business pages and listings
- Permits ads e.g. AdSense
- Permits customization
- Distinct design choices for business pages.
4) Connections Business Directory
Users of this plugin rated in 4.9/5 and it has been downloaded more than 700,000 times for WordPress Development. This Plugin can be used to design a simple address book or run an online business and is quite scalable.
The software is well designed and is quite powerful with several tips on how to use it from the developers’ site. This plugin is:
- Scalable: It can hold quite many listings seamlessly without hang-ups and glitches. It also can control and organize directories with a large number of listings.
- It is developer-friendly: This software is designed to be easy to use for WordPress Developers and also for users as there are hundreds of options to choose from while customizing it.
5) Advanced Classifieds & Directory Pro
This is a very flexible plugin that seamlessly merges into websites and can be downloaded for free. There are, however some premium upgrades that come with it for developers use.
These upgrades include support for tools like PayPal and WooCommerce. Some of the advantages of using this plugin are:
- Most of the features are free to use
- It sends out email notifications for events.
- It includes search widget options
- Supports images or videos on listings
- There are unlimited custom fields for a distinct number of business listings
6) Sabai Directory
Much as it is not free for download software, this plugin only sells for $29 which comes with 6 months of free support from the developer. You will, however, not have to pay for supplementary add ons as it provides most of the features that you will require.
It is designed to make a directory suitable for businesses, stores, and restaurants. Its’ features include:
- Premium categories in a single plugin for the price of $29 with free customer support
- Connected filters used for search limits
- Comes with Google maps
- The visual editor is available for custom fields
7) Web 2.0 Directory Plugin
This plugin is pricier than the Sabai directory and retails for $34. It comes with Google Maps which comes in handy for businesses in the directory. A WordPress Developer can loop this plugin with YouTube and allows for video and images uploading.
Standout features of this plugin are:
- Distinct ways of revenue collection from business owners
- Loops to Woo-Commerce and PayPal for payments
- Allows sharing of YouTube videos
- Google Maps integrates seamlessly
We have you would have found these Business Directory Plugins very useful. Do let us know which plugin you chose in the comments section.
Note: This list of the Best Business Directory Plugins was contributed by Naman Modi. If you have an interesting list post to contribute, then check our Guest Blogging Guidelines.
For more useful WordPress Plugins,
- 6 Best WooCommerce Affiliate Plugins to promote your products
- 8 Best WordPress Contact Form Plugins
- 5 Best WordPress Translation Plugins for multilingual websites
- 3 Best WordPress Push Notification Plugins